Filtration SysOctober is ADHD Awareness Month!
Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) affects over 9% of school-aged children. Boys are also diagnosed with ADHD two times more often that girls. ADHD is a chronic condition that makes it difficult for children (and even adults) to manage their behaviors. ADHD is characterized by 3 groups of behavior symptoms that are inattention, hyperactivity, and impulsivity. If left untreated, ADHD can lead to life-long issues and challenges for these individuals.
Below are a few resources that Caitlin, LPPC-S, our behavioral health counselor recommends as options to help parent your child with ADHD. We hope these will help you and your family!
- Articles and Web Resources:
- Healthy Children has written a great article on Understanding ADHD: Information for Parents that may be of help to you with your child.
- What is ADHD from Understood
- Cause of ADHD: What We Know Today
- Treatment and Target Outcomes for Children with ADHD
- Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center – Center for ADHD Site
- Book recommendations:
- Taking Charge of ADHD by Dr. Russell Barkley
- Thriving with ADHD Workbook for Kids by Kellie Miller
- ADH-Me! by Dr. John Hutton
Cincinnati Parenting Groups and Webinars:
- Information regarding the Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center ADHD group, schedule and registration can be found here.
- Webinars and Events with CHADD – Event Calendar
Curious if your child may have ADHD or need additional support with their already diagnosed condition? Our team of physicians and behavioral health counselors are here to help! Do not hesitate to give us a call at (513) 232-8100 to discuss options for your child’s care.
Photo Credit: CHADD