The FDA and CDC have approved an Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) for Moderna and Pfizer’s updated COVID booster vaccine for children 6 months and older. This updated dose will now include the Omicron BA.4/5 spike protein to help reduce the spread of the more recent COVID variants.
We do have COVID vaccines still available for your child. Vaccines are the most powerful weapon we have against deadly infectious diseases and can lessen the level of illness should your child still contract COVID or flu. Please get in touch with our office to schedule your child’s doses for their vaccines or book on the patient portal today!
Other Important Updates:
- Pfizer and Moderna vaccines for this age group are NOT interchangeable. The same vaccine manufacturer should be used to complete the entire primary series.
- We offer the Pfizer vaccine, which will include three (3) doses in your child’s primary series.
- Patients must be vaccinated with two monovalent doses before receiving the bivalent dose.
- If a child receives three monovalent doses, they will NOT be authorized to receive a booster of the bivalent dose at this time.
- Moderna will still be two doses in the primary series and can get the bivalent dose as a “booster.”
Thank you for trusting us with your child’s care!