Illnesses such as RSV, flu, and other respiratory illnesses causing cold-like symptoms are currently circulating in children in our community. While infection is spreading in children at unprecedented levels, there are ways to prevent illness so that you and your children can enjoy Thanksgiving!
- Get your flu vaccine! We still have vaccines available for your child. Contact our office at (513) 232-8100 or visit your patient portal to schedule.
- Continue to wash hands regularly when they are soiled, before and after prepping food, and before and after eating.
- If possible, avoid touching your face to prevent viral spread.
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow instead of your hands.
- Wearing a mask if you experience respiratory symptoms such as fever, cough, sore throat, or congestion can reduce the spread of illness with close contacts.
The Anderson Office is open on Thanksgiving day for ill appointments between 9:00 AM -12:00 PM. We will resume regular business hours at our Anderson location on Friday, November 25, 2022. Our Amelia Office will be closed on November 24-25, 2022. We will continue to have a nurse or physician available by phone 24/7 at 513-232-8100.
Below are resources to help you and your family this Thanksgiving.
- Healthy Children– How to Plan a Balanced Thanksgiving Meal for Picky Eaters
- Healthy Children– How to Practice Gratitude & Improve Your Family’s Mental Health
- Foodsafety.gov– Let’s Talk Turkey
We wish you a safe and Happy Thanksgiving!